NC State Alumnus Turns 100 Years Old

January 25, 2011
By admin

NC State will celebrate its 125-year anniversary in March 2012. As that milestone draws closer, we want to recognize our older alumni.

Alumni Association Outreach Coordinator Melissa Shampine '07, Arthur George Shugart '34 and Outreach Director Ellen Richardson '01, '10 at Yadkin Valley Seafood on Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011.

Alumni Association Outreach Coordinator Melissa Shampine ’07, Arthur George Shugart ’34 and Outreach Director Ellen Richardson ’01, ’10 at Yadkin Valley Seafood on Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011.

Last Thursday, Arthur George Shugart celebrated his 100th birthday at the Yadkin County NC State Alumni Network’s winter meeting at Yadkin Valley Seafood.

Shugart studied forestry at NC State and graduated in 1934. He recently wrote the College of Natural Resources about his experiences after college.

To let us know about other alumni who will soon, or have already, reached their 100th birthday, e-mail us at alumniblog@ncsu.edu.

6 Responses to “NC State Alumnus Turns 100 Years Old”

1. betty saylor says:

Thanks – I enjoyed the article, see you Sunday.

2. Reg & Nancy Banner says:

Congratulations to George and his family on reaching such a wonderful milestone. Kaye, I didn’t know that your dad graduated from NC State. We hope you have a grand birthday celebration Sunday. Please tell George happy “big one” from Nancy and I.

3. Lynn Graham Winters says:

George, you and your family have always been very special to me. I always enjoyed out talks whenI would come by the dry cleaners. I hope to be there on Sunday to wish you a happy birthday.

4. Dee MacKAY says:

Kaye – your Dad looks great! I’ll look forward to my Bill reaching 100. Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Diana Salmons says:

Congratulations to George! Wow, what a young looking man!
    Glenn and Diana Salmons

6. Dee and Bill MacKAY says:

Hope you have a wonderful 100 year celebration. We recently moved next door to your daughter, Kaye, and delight having them as neighbors. We wish for you many more healthy, happy birthdays.